- No Special Requirements for Cambodian Visa for most countries
- 30 Day Tourist Visa issued on arrival at land border- crossings and Phnom Penh airport
- US $35 cash for 30 days tourist visa - Russians get free visa if on a "mission" (?)
- One passport-sized photo of yourself
- Name of your hotel ( any one will do ) - I was not asked for this but it is listed as a requirement
- Valid return air ticket for airport arrivals - I was not asked for this either.
- Business visa ( also called regular or ordinary visa ) is extendable - 3 to 12 months - 6 and 12 month visas are multiple entry
- Prices from a visa agent : Good for One (1) month: US$48.00 (single entry only). Good for Three (3) months: US$78.00 (single entry only). Good for Six (6) months: US$159.00 (multiple entry). Good for One (1) year: US$289.00 (multiple entry). "Multiple-entry" means that within the period of your visa you may leave and re-enter the territory of Cambodia an unlimited number of times.
Read more: http://www.howtogotocambodia.com/visa-for-cambodia
- Business Visas 30 days for US $40 at the border - You will need a letter from a company to get the first 30 day business visa - You must get the business visa at the border and then the Visa Agent can organise a one year business visa with multiple entry for $289 in Phnom Penh. A passport-sized photo is required. A work permit might be necessary if you want to work and can be arranged by your employer.
- A 12month, multiple-entry business visa is easy to get and can be extended indefinitely - passport photos are not needed either ! Obtained through Visa Agent Pouw Chek +855 11 7274 87
- You now need a 'To Whom It May Concern' letter from your employer stating your name, passport number, date-of-birth, visa number and requesting extension of stay. It must be the original, in colour and with the company stamp. This is only for a one year visa, for 3 month and six month extensions it is not needed, but you then will need a work permit ! ( Work permit not needed for one year visa ! ) It will take 10 days. This is a specimen letter :
- If you have a business visa without a work permit, you MIGHT get fined at the airport when leaving Cambodia ( this is not at all certain ) - fines can be $150
- If you are caught working without a work permit, you could be fined $600 - $900 If you cannot pay the fine, you risk up to 3 months prison and deportation.
Visa regulations have been tightened up and for a 12 month business visa you might need :
- Current Address Certificate (?)
- Proof of where you work
- Work Permit (?)
- These regulations change every year !
I was also told that they like you to leave the country for a short period every year so they can refuse re-entry if you have caused trouble.
It could be refused if you are self-employed with no staff - better to get it through an established Khmer company
A work permit is applied for online - the website is in English or Khmer, but, even if you choose English, there is still some typing in Khmer to do - better to get the local Labour & Employment Office to do it for you. I paid them $5 for their help. The permit costs $138 for 1 year - I was not charged for backdating it.
You need scans ( < 1MB ) of
- Health Certificate
- Passport Photo
- Address Certificate ( maybe optional ? )
- Certificate of Incorporation ( from employer )
- first Business Visa & entry stamp
- current Business Visa Extension of Stay
- Foreign Worker Quota Certificate ( optional )
- Patent Tax Certificate ( optional )
- New gmail address & password for payment invoice ( paid at Acleda Bank )
- Phone number for SMS messages